1. THE RICHMOND NIGHT MARKET: The 17th Annual Richmond Night Market is proud to host Canada 150 celebration! Featuring live performances, carnival games and over 200 retail stalls, you’ll feel the excitement from the moment you arrive. With over 500 food choices from around the world, visitors will not go home hungry.
Date: Friday, Saturday and Sundays Time: 7pm – 12am
Location: 8351 River Road, RICHMOND BC
2. 2017 CANADA CUP INTERNATIONAL SOFTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP: Let’s play ball! Join Roundhouse Radio and the Canada Cup Softball Championship at Softball City thus July 8th – 17th at Softball City in Surrey! We are giving away family packs of tickets to catch all the excitement of this international event.
Date: 8th July – 16th July
3. JAZZ WAVES: The WVCAC presents the 17th annual Jazz Waves Festival this summer. Come down to the waterfront for some amazing jazz from the finest local talent. We’ve got everything from R&B, free jazz, and blues to gospel, Dixieland and more!
Date: 6th July – 22nd July Time: 7:30pm – 9:00pm
Location: Silk Purse Arts Centre
4. VANCOUVER MURAL FEST MOUNT PLEASANT STREET PARTY: VMF’s flagship event with 10 blocks in Mount Pleasant closed to traffic including Main St between E 12th & E 7th Ave. Close to 100,000 people are expected to visit the area to view all the completed murals and partake of the live art, music, markets and community activities.
Highlights include Red Bull Tour Bus Stage with Yukon Blonde & Louise Burns, Alleyway Oasis feat. Cit more…
Date: 12th August Time: 12pm – 6pm
Location: Mount Pleasant
5. SECOND BEACH +KITS POOL: If it’s nice go take a dip.
6. SCIENCE WORLD – AFTER DARK – IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Technology and tinkering isn’t just for house cats! Our upcoming After Dark event is all about design and innovation in the outdoors. Come play outside in the Science Park with your friends. Enjoy the science centre, build a tent and watch the sunrise over the gardens.
Date: 18th August Time: 7pm – 11pm
Location: Science World at Telus World of Science
7. PEOPLE WATCH IN GASTOWN: Go down to Gastown and watch people crowd around the iconic Steam Clock… photobomb them if you can.
8. RED TRUCK CONCERT SERIES: Celebrate the 3rd annual Truck Stop Concert Series. 18 bands, 3 days, 2 Stages, 1 award-winning brewery.
Date: 15th July + 12th August
Location: Red Truck Brewery
9. CELEBRATION OF LIGHT: Originally named the “Symphony of Fire”, the Honda Celebration of Light has come a long way in 27 years. Recognized as the longest running off-shore fireworks festival in the world, we have hosted dozens of countries to compete each year in a spectacular fireworks display.
Date: 29th July, 2nd August, 2nd August
Location: Second Beach, English Bay and Kitsilano
10. SUMMER CINEMA: Movies are shown every Tuesday night in July and August (weather permitting) at Second Beach in Stanley Park. All movies start after Sunset. Please come early for best lawn seating selection.
Date: July 4th – 22nd August (Tuesday’s)
11. WESTWARD MUSIC FESTIVAL: MRG Concerts presents Westward Music Festival , which features some of the today’s most influential music acts performing live at multiple venues in downtown Vancouver from September 14 to 17. Festival passes and individual tickets are available now via Ticketfly .
Date: 14th – 17th September Time: 12pm
Location: Various Locations
12. CARIBBEAN DAYS FESTIVAL: ach year, during the last weekend of July, the Trinidad & Tobago Cultural Society of BC presents the Caribbean Days Festival. This event draws a crowd of exuberant fun-lovers to North Vancouver’s Waterfront Park for a weekend of parading, dining, socializing (liming) and dancing in the sunshine.
Date: 29th + 30th July Time: Various Times
13. POWELL STREET FESTIVAL: The Powell Street Festival is the largest Japanese Canadian festival in the country and the longest running community arts celebration in Vancouver.
Date: 5th + 6th August Times: 11:30am – 7pm
Location: Oppenheimer Park
14. PLAYLAND NIGHTS AT PNE: Kicking off Friday, July 7 and running every Friday for the month, Playland will host four evenings dedicated to adults-only* (19+), complete with beer, wine, food, midway games and of course, exhilarating rides. The grounds will be fully licensed, so guests can enjoy their favourite beverage throughout the park while enjoying the games and rides.
Date: Every Friday in July Time: 7pm
15. PET-A-PALOOZA: Latest census shows that 1 in 8 Vancouver residents owns at least one dog. This summer with events including running of the bulls, wiener dog races and a puppy stampede all in the middle of the city, this is one event you don’t want to miss.
Date: 27t August Time: 11am – 4pm
Location: 1100 Mainland Street, Yaletown